Click here to read and download the school’s Prospectus.
If you have any queries about enrolment, please contact the Enrolment Officer, Mrs Shirley Shirreffs, 09 846 2044, on extension 8131 or e-mail [email protected]
School donation and
Mount Albert Grammar School is a high achieving state funded school. The state funding that we receive covers only a basic education. As a result, we are reliant on parent contributions to help us provide the quality education our students deserve. Parental donations to the school and paying for supplementary materials and equipment for your child’s subjects help us to achieve this.
The school donation requested in 2020 is $440 per student. For a second child at MAGS, it is $165. The third child or more is free.
School donations are voluntary and may be tax deductible.
Parental provision of supplementary materials and equipment for specific subjects is also voluntary. Supplementary materials are additional to those a school is required to provide in the adequate delivery of the New Zealand Curriculum and NCEA. The purchase of supplementary materials is a major advantage for the student as these materials add value and enhance the teaching that is provided. Equipment costs are voluntary unless the student will take home the product the cost helps to fund. Equipment costs are subject to GST.
We appreciate families’ attention to this area of importance to the school. Please find at right details of our Finance Office opening hours and payment options.
BYOD for Years 9-13
Click here for information on the BYOD requirements for Year 9-13 students
Finance Office Hours
and Payment Options
The Finance Office (ph 846 2044 extn. 8144) is open to parents from 8am-4pm each day. Hours for students to visit are:
8.00am – 8.45am
11.10am – 11.35am (interval)
12.30pm – 1.15pm (lunch time)
3.10pm – 4pm
Please note that queues to pay at the Finance Office are very long at the beginning of the year and we urge you to pay in one of the following ways:
- NEW & SCHOOL’S PREFERRED OPTION. Payments can now be made easily online via the Kamar Parent Portal (financial menu). There is a 1.5% payment provider cost for this option. No emails are required to confirm payment using this method as it goes directly on your child’s account. If you have forgotten your user name and password, please contact us for help.
- By direct credit to the Schools bank account: 12 3029 0300684 00 (ASB Mt Albert) – you must include the student’s ID number (see top left of the statement) as a reference and an email to [email protected] with the following information:
– Amount of deposit
– Date of deposit
– Name of student
– What the payment is for
- By cheque in the mail – please include your statement so that it is clear what the payment is for
- By credit card payment over the phone – please call outside the Finance Office hours for students as the office staff will be serving students and may not be able to answer the phone
- By cheque/eftpos/credit card in one lump sum at the Finance Office during opening hours
- Note with long queues this may result in your child being turned away if the bell goes for class as they need to attend class on time
- Alternatively you can make arrangement to pay by automatic payment. Please contact the Finance Office if you wish to arrange this and a payment schedule will be prepared for you so that you can pay all subject costs and the donation with fortnightly or monthly set payments. Note we will not set up weekly payments due to the additional administration cost.
We appreciate your support of the school to deliver the highest standards of education.
Information Evenings for Prospective Students
Mount Albert Grammar school holds Information Evenings rather than Open Days.
The Information Evenings for 2020 were held on Monday, July 27 and Tuesday, July 28 for students enrolling in 2021.
These evenings are held in the school hall and are primarily for Year 8s who live in-zone. The evenings include a visual presentation about the school for prospective Year 9 students, and there is enrolment procedure information and the opportunity to ask questions about the academic, sporting, service, arts and cultural opportunities at the school.
Year 8 Academic Testing 2020
Year 8 Girls Thursday, 12 November (morning; 8.30am-12pm) Year 8 Boys Friday, 13 November (morning; 8.30am-12pm)
Year 8 Sports Academy
Year 8 Girls Thursday, 12 November (afternoon; 12.30pm-2.30pm) Year 8 Boys Friday, 13 November (afternoon; 12.30pm-2.30pm)
Due to potential limitations on large numbers given the current COVID-19 status, specific confirmation of venues for the testing for particular schools will be advised closer to the time. In the meantime, please diarise these dates and times.
At present, it is still the intention to hold Sports Academy Trials following the Academic Testing between 12.30pm and 2.30pm here at Mount Albert Grammar School. However, again due to the current COVID-19 status, this also may require reviewing, and confirmation will be sent closer to the time.