This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of one of Auckland’s most successful schools as the Property Manager. Mount Albert Grammar School is a large secondary school in central Auckland with 3 200 students and a staff (teaching and non-teaching) of 300.
This is a senior role in the school that is supported by the Board of Trustees, Headmaster and the Senior Leadership Team and other staff in the property office, including the Property Administrator, Caretaker and grounds staff.
As Property Manager, you will be expected to lead and manage the school’s physical facilities. This position includes strategic and operational oversight of all aspects of the school facilities from day to day operations to long term strategic capital expenditure (including property development). You will also need to be experienced in property and asset planning, site management of day to day repairs and maintenance and the coordination of project work including refurbishments. The salary package could include on-site accommodation (3-bedroom house). The role is busy, varied and challenging.
- Experience in the commercial world with a proven track record of property management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Relates well and responds effectively to students and staff.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills. Able to use initiative and forward planning in order to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate.
- Good English skills, both written and verbal (i.e. spelling and accuracy, ability to draft letters and reports).
- Experience in managing staff, reporting to boards and senior leaders and overseeing building projects.
- Team leader and team worker.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Be willing and able to make the tough calls, when and if needed.
- Knowledge of school systems would be useful but not essential.
This is a full-time position.
Please click here for the job description.
Start Date: January 2024
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Any enquires to Sarah Hayes (Deputy Principal) [email protected] or (09) 815 4038.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form and CV to [email protected]
Click here for the Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form