Alternative Education Tutors
Are you passionate about making change in the lives of rangatahi?
Are you wanting to join a committed and talented team in reaching rangatahi who are disengaged and struggled in mainstream education?
Are you wanting to challenge yourself and take that next step up?
Then, ACES Alternative Education is for you!
Auckland City Education Services (ACES) is governed by Mount Albert Grammar School and delivers MoE contracts in education for students (aged between 13 – 16 years) who have struggled in mainstream learning settings due to a range of needs and/or behaviours.
There are two Campuses in Auckland (seeking Tutors for both Campuses) and ngā ākonga (students) attend our Campus instead of the enrolling school.
- Teaching or, youth mentoring and or, experience in vocational delivery
- Willingness to work with youth from a wide range of needs or behaviours
- To participate and strengthen cultural practices that supports students to identify, connect to language and culture particularly for Māori and Pasifika students
- Wanting to deliver learning programmes that are practical and relevant
- The ability to successfully communicate in writing and verbally, especially with young people
- Be able to connect to whānau and families to engage them in their child’s education
- Organised with administration and record-keeping skills
- Have a full driver’s licence
- Can show initiative and willingness to adapt and respond quickly
A full job description and application form is available on the school website:
Salary is paid according to the Support Staff in Schools Teacher Aide (TA) Collective Agreement and Grade / Step is dependent on the person’s qualification and experience. A Qualification Grant is available when qualifications are aligned to core responsibilities.
This is a fixed term Employment Contract and is aligned to the MoE Alternative Education Agreement for 2021 – 2022.
New agreement will be confirmed in 2022 for 2023 and beyond.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and an acceptable police vet check.
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Friday 4 March
Please download a copy of the Application Form from the school website at https://www.mags.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MAGS-Staff-Application-Form.pdf , complete it and send it, your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Outdoor Education Assistant
We are seeking an organized, passionate and responsible person to join the Outdoor Education department on a casual basis to help with supervision on trips involving Year 10 – 13 students.
This role involves transporting students to and from venues, as well as supervision of the students whilst participating, and at times, leading activities. In some instances, there may be a need for overnight supervision.
The successful applicant will have
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently and be proactive
- A broad range of outdoor pursuit experience
- Experience working with youth
- Relevant first aid training
- A full and clean drivers licence
This position is on a casual basis, during the school terms only.
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form (available from the Staff Vacancies section of the school website) and CV to [email protected]
Please click here to download a copy of the Application Form https://www.mags.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MAGS-Staff-Application-Form.pdf .