Dear Albertians, Parents and Friends of the School,
You can contribute to the ongoing development of the School in many ways.
You could volunteer for the Friends of MAGS or join this parents’ group to help run fundraising events for the school.
Giving to the Foundation will provide funds for the development and improvement of the school facilities for current and future generations of students.
Each of you or your children have benefited, either directly or indirectly, from the educational opportunities that Mount Albert Grammar School has to offer.
Now is our time to act for the benefit of present and future students.
Supporting the School
Donations and money gained through fundraising and sponsorships is put to use by the MAGS Foundation in variety of ways to support the students and staff of Mount Albert Grammar School.
- Contribution to the annual Herb Towers Staff Award granted for excellence in service
- Provision of funding to the Visual Art Faculty to support an Artist in Residence
- Donation to the school to provide funding for 40 iPads and cases
- Securing of ongoing sponsorship of the MAGS First XV by Barfoot & Thompson Mt Albert
- Securing of funding from a number of Charitable Trusts to support various MAGS sports teams
- Securing of scholarship funding to enable six boys to board at School House
- Establishment of the June Gray Tertiary Scholarship with the Newmarket Rotary Club to support a girl student who shows academic promise and leadership ability
- Provision of annual funding toward art supplies for MAGS students who exhibit in the MAGS Fine Art Show
- Establishment the Follow a Leader programme in partnership with the Careers Department, enabling a selection of Year 13 students to spend a day with a business leader
- Arranging for a number of Agricultural Science students to spend a day at Fonterra
- Arranging judges for the MAGS Business Challenge run by the Young Enterprise Trust
- Liaison with Te Papa CEO Rick Ellis to establish a growing relationship between the School and the Museum of New Zealand.
- Sourcing of sponsorship for the annual MAGS Sports Awards Dinner
- Securing of funding for the annual Liddell Scholarships for outstanding staff and students.
You can support Mount Albert Grammar School by making a tax deductible donation to the Foundation and, by participating in the Foundation’s Bequest Programme, which will enable you to leave a lasting legacy for the benefit of the School for future generations.
Discussing your contribution
To discuss your contribution please contact:
- Business Manager Debbie Forsyth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 09 815 4032