MAGS students and teachers are an enthusiastic bunch, and motivated to run clubs to support their special interests. Joining a club is a great way to meet like-minded people, and get involved in activities both inside and outside the school.
Students should listen out for Club opportunities in the Daily Notices; parents and students can check the Notices online through the Parent and Student Portal.
For more service-oriented groups, such as the Interact Club, see the Service page
For Cultural and Performing Arts Clubs, see Performing Arts
- Astronomy Club / Contact Mr Diego Alarcon: [email protected]
The MAGS Astronomy Club is dedicated to observing the sky and learning about the universe. On Instagram: @astroclubmags
- Bad Movie Club / Contact Mr Dale: [email protected]
Join us as we journey through discovering the greatest abominations in cinematic history.
- Blog / Contact Ms Carissa Calvert: [email protected];
Come along to learn the skills of being a good blogger who will attract followers. Practice your interviewing and writing skills, and you could have your blog published on the school website.
- Chess Club / Contact Mr Greg Frank: [email protected]
- Christian Group / Contact Mrs Ayisha Mulgrew: [email protected]
- Creative Writing / Contact Ms Leanne Cutfield: [email protected]
- Debating / Contact Mr Reuben Ploeg: [email protected]
- Disney Movie Club / Contact: Mr Dale [email protected]
Tear into how Disney movies fight for the oppressed and experience inner peace.
- Drawing / Contact Ms Lisa Stewart: [email protected]
Open to all students who may work on any drawing they like, and for Visual Communication students to receive extra assistance with their assignments.
- Dungeons & Dragons Club Contact Mr Dale: [email protected]
Monsters, Magic, and Mystery, what more can you ask for? Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, the MAGS Dungeons and Dragons Club is open for all!
- Digital Leaders / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: [email protected]
A student group who promote good digital citizenship, especially in the area of being socially responsible online.
- Environment / Contact Miss Helen Dunham: [email protected]
- Fem Club / Contact Ms Carissa Calvert [email protected]
Discussing current feminist issues in a friendly and inclusive environment.
- Indian Club / Contact Ms Robina Nisha: [email protected]
- Junior Arts Club / Contact Ms Alessandro Gallo: [email protected]
Mondays after school until 4pm.
- Librarians / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: [email protected]
A student group who assist with library tasks
- Musical Theatre Group / Contact Miss Carmela Hughes: [email protected]
Workshops developing combined skills in dancing, singing, and acting.
- Muslim Club / Contact Ms Robina Nisha: [email protected]
- Photography Club / Contact Ms Ioana Schwalger: [email protected]
- Programming and Coding / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: [email protected]
A student group from beginners to advanced where students help each other to learn to code with the help of online resources.
- Robotics / Contact Mr Jack Daly: [email protected]
- Rock Climbing / Contact: Mr Hemara [email protected]
Try out the MAGS climbing wall. Everyone from complete beginners through to experienced climbers are welcome.
- Spelling Bee / Contact Ms Aubrey Mason: [email protected]
- Spoken Word Poetry/ Mrs Becky Woodall: [email protected];
Spoken Word is a combination is poetry and performance that is growing in popularity around the world. Learn how to express yourself through this powerful art form, and have the opportunity to compete against performance poets from other schools.
- Technology Leaders / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: [email protected]
A student group who assist students in the library working on devices and support ICT staff with school computing facilities.
- TeenAg / Contact Mr Greg Frank: [email protected]
Visits, visiting speakers, competitions, advice on careers in the Primary Industries, and career networking
- Theatresports / Contact Mr Gerald Urquhart: [email protected]
A drama group that teaches improvisation skills. Selected members compete in the TYP Auckland competition. Open to students of all ages and experience.