MAGS students and teachers are an enthusiastic bunch, and motivated to run clubs to support their special interests. Joining a club is a great way to meet like-minded people, and get involved in activities both inside and outside the school.
Students should listen out for Club opportunities in the Daily Notices; parents and students can check the Notices online through the Parent and Student Portal.
For more service-oriented groups, such as the Interact Club, see the Service page
For Cultural and Performing Arts Clubs, see Performing Arts
Clubs in 2020:
- Animal Allies / Contact Miss Catalina Espinoza: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the animal rights group at MAGS.
- Astronomy Club Contact Mr Diego Alarcon email@example.com
The MAGS Astronomy Club is dedicated to observing the sky and learning about the universe. On Instagram: @astroclubmags
- Blog / Contact Ms Carissa Calvert: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Come along to learn the skills of being a good blogger who will attract followers. Practice your interviewing and writing skills, and you could have your blog published on the school website.
- Chess Club / Contact Mr Greg Frank: email@example.com
- Christian Fellowship Open Discussion Group / Contact Mrs Stephanie Clarry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian Group / Contact Mrs Ayisha Mulgrew: email@example.com
- Creative Writing / Contact Ms Leanne Cutfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debating / Contact Mr Reuben Ploeg: email@example.com
- Drawing / Contact Ms Lisa Stewart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to all students who may work on any drawing they like, and for Visual Communication students to receive extra assistance with their assignments.
- Digital Leaders / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: email@example.com
A student group who promote good digital citizenship, especially in the area of being socially responsible online.
- Environment / Contact Miss Helen Dunham: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian Club / Contact Ms Robina Nisha: email@example.com
- Junior Arts Club / Contact Ms Alessandro Gallo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mondays after school until 4pm.
- Librarians / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: email@example.com
A student group who assist with library tasks
- Musical Theatre Group / Contact Miss Carmela Hughes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops developing combined skills in dancing, singing, and acting.
- Muslim Club / Contact Mr Mohammed Tashmeer: email@example.com or Ms Robina Nisha: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photography Club / Contact Ms Ioana Schwalger: email@example.com
- Programming and Coding / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: firstname.lastname@example.org
A student group from beginners to advanced where students help each other to learn to code with the help of online resources.
- Robotics / Contact Mr Shaun Bailey: email@example.com
- Spelling Bee / Contact Ms Aubrey Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spoken Word Poetry/ Mrs Becky Woodall: email@example.com;
Spoken Word is a combination is poetry and performance that is growing in popularity around the world. Learn how to express yourself through this powerful art form, and have the opportunity to compete against performance poets from other schools.
- Technology Leaders / Contact Mrs Elise Goddard: firstname.lastname@example.org
A student group who assist students in the library working on devices and support ICT staff with school computing facilities.
- TeenAg / Contact Mr Greg Frank: email@example.com
Visits, visiting speakers, competitions, advice on careers in the Primary Industries, and career networking
- Theatresports / Contact Mr Gerald Urquhart: firstname.lastname@example.org
A drama group that teaches improvisation skills. Selected members compete in the TYP Auckland competition. Open to students of all ages and experience.