- Parents must notify the school on the morning of the absence. They may do so in the following ways:
- By telephone: 09 846 2044 x 8142
- By email: email@example.com
- Via the school app: Free to download from the App Store or Google Play. Search for ‘Mount Albert Grammar School’
- By note to the Student Centre
- If a student’s absence was not notified on the day they were away, they should bring a note explaining the reason for their absence on the day they return to school.
- The absence note must be delivered to the Student Centre.
Late to School
If a student is going to be late to School the School should be notified in any of the ways listed above.
The student must visit the Student Centre on arrival at School to receive a Late Pass.
Exeats for appointments
Where possible the student should bring a note to School to show their teacher at the time of leaving, enabling the teacher to release them from class.
A confirmation email or phone message to the Attendance Officer or Student Centre at the contacts above is also required prior to the time the student must leave School.
The student must visit the Student Centre to sign out before leaving the School grounds.
Student leave requests
Requests for non-school related leave of one day or more during the school year must be addressed to the Headmaster, Mr Patrick Drumm, at least two weeks before the start of proposed leave. Please give the dates of proposed absence from school and the purpose of the leave. If in writing, please address the letter to:
Mr Patrick Drumm
Mt Albert Grammar School
If emailing, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org