This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of one of Auckland’s most successful schools as the Assistant Groundskeeper. Mount Albert Grammar School is a large secondary school in central Auckland with 3000 students and a staff (teaching and non-teaching) of 260.
As Groundskeeper, you will be expected to maintain the school’s physical facilities to enable the school to function at its capacity.
- Motivated; with a reasonable level of fitness
- Committed to completing tasks to a high standard
- Responsible; with ability to show initiative
- Able to follow instructions, work well in a team and work unsupervised when necessary
- Flexible with hours when necessary
- Able to communicate with a range of people, ethnicities and cultures
- Willingness to attend professional development training
- Ability to safely use and maintain petrol-powered grounds equipment such as lawnmowers, line trimmers, and water blasters etc
- Full NZ driver’s licence
This is a full-time position. Work hours are 7am – 3.30pm.
Start Date: As soon as possible (or by negotiation).
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form and CV to the HR Manager email@example.com