Mount Albert Grammar School is one of New Zealand’s top secondary schools and we are seeking an experienced payroll officer to join us.
The role is Monday to Friday and term time only, although availability to work in the school holidays at times is required. This is a part time position of between 20 – 25 hours per week and there is some flexibility with the hours of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and process fortnightly payroll for approximately 200 teaching staff, plus Day Relief Teachers
- Organise and arrange Salary Assessments for Teachers through to completion
- Have high accuracy data entry skills and work to deadlines
- Assist staff with all payroll queries
- Liaise with Novopay and the Ministry of Education
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll alongside the Teachers Collective Agreement, Holidays Act 2003 and current payroll legislation (preferred, but not essential)
The successful applicant will be a team player with excellent communication and administration skills. Ideally, they will have payroll experience of at least two years, be proficient with Excel and Microsoft packages, as well as the ability to build rapport with a wide range of internal employees.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form and CV to [email protected]