A student-owned, internet-capable device will give your child instant access to unlimited resources and enable them to support, extend, communicate and share their learning in a way that will also prepare them for their future personal and working lives.
The advantages of student-owned devices include:
- Anytime, anywhere access to resources on the internet, class files, support and extension activities.
- Student ability to draft and easily edit their work before final submission and save their work in the cloud.
- Greater ability to communicate with teachers, parents and peers to support student learning through access to student e-mail, shared documents and communication software.
Research citing the benefits of e-learning
E-Learning and Implications for New Zealand Schools by Noelene Wright from the University of Waikato highlights the following additional benefits of e-learning as a result of access to internet-capable devices:
- Improved motivation and engagement?
- Greater independence and personalised learning?
- Improved critical thinking and development of multiple literacies
- Greater opportunities for collaboration beyond school walls