Alternative Education Tutor
A New Role has become available for an Alternative Education (AE) Tutor at one of the AE Campuses.
This person is responsible in tutoring a number of students (ratio 1:10 and aged between 13 – 16 years old) using Project Based Learning as the delivery tool for students who have struggled to engage in learning due to a range of needs or, behaviours.
- Teaching or, youth mentoring and or, experience in vocational delivery
- Willingness to work with youth from a wide range of needs or behaviour
- Will participate and strengthen cultural practices that supports students to identify, connect to language and culture particularly for Māori and Pasifika students
- The ability to successfully communicate in writing and verbally, especially with young people
- Be able to connect to whānau and families to engage them in their child’s education
- Organised with administration and record-keeping skills
- Have a full licence
- Can show initiative and willingness to adapt and respond quickly .
- Click here for the job description.
Salary is paid according to the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement and is dependent on qualification and experience.
Alternative Education Tutor:
$50,000.00 to $55,000.00 and can include a Qualification Grant aligned to the core role and responsibilities and a one year contract.
NB: Employment Contract is aligned to the MoE Alternative Education Agreement for 2019-2020.
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Friday 27 March 2020.
Please download a copy of the Application Form from the school website at https://www.mags.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MAGS-Staff-Application-Form.pdf , complete it and send it, your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form and CV to: [email protected]