Director of Finance and Operations
The Director of Finance and Operations is a key member of the senior staff, leading strategic finance, accounting and business functions for Mount Albert Grammar School and reporting to the Headmaster. This role provides financial advice and support to the Board of Trustees and the Senior Leadership Team, while proactively managing the financial reporting, budgeting, cashflow and other statutory requirements of the school.
This role is varied, busy and challenging and supports the operations of the school, including oversight of the non-teaching staff, involvement with Property, HR, International Students, and strategic planning as well as the financial elements stated above.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Proven experience, for a number of years, in a senior financial management role, while prior experience with an education provider may be an advantage this is not essential
- A strong understanding of developing and implementing processes and procedures that ensure organisation compliance with legislative requirements
- Substantial leadership experience with the ability to foster trust and build cohesive teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically, balanced with an eye for detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and sound judgement, applied with a proactive and solutions focused approach
- A high level of professional integrity and the confidence to offer alternative points of view
- Good operational HR experience and knowledge
- Experience in managing property projects
Mount Albert Grammar School is a Decile 7, state co-educational secondary school in central Auckland. Now in its 100th year, the school has a current role of 3,150 students and a staff of 280. Established in 1922, Mount Albert Grammar School has a proud history of academic, sporting and cultural excellence and is one of the top academic schools in New Zealand. The school site and operations also includes boarding facilities for 100 boys and an 8.1 hectare operational farm. The school has strong links and connections within the local community, Auckland and New Zealand.
This is a senior role in the school that is supported by the Board of Trustees, Headmaster and Senior Leadership Team.
Please send your cover letter, CV and completed Mount Albert Grammar School Staff Application Form to Sarah Hayes; email address [email protected].
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Click here for the Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form.