Organizing Your CV
The word CV is short for curriculum vitae, which is the latin for course of life. A CV or curriculum vitae is a marketing tool. With your CV you will be able to promote yourself.
Click here to download a sample CV. It is a Word document that you can edit. It may go into your downloads folder and you will find the file if you search for 09-sample-CV.doc.
If you cannot open it, then click here for a pdf version.
Why do you need a CV?
- For job applications
- For interviews
A CV usually contains:
- A summary of personal information
- An outline of education and training you have done
- Your work history (work experience, unpaid work, part-time job)
- An outline of any other experience or achievements (club membership, sport teams, educational achievements, leadership experience) that would be important
referees (people who can give you a reference)
What do you do now ?
- Collect a draft CV template from the Careers Centre
- Read through the CV folder in the Careers Centre
- Do some thinking (about yourself and what you have achieved)
Careers staff to read through you draft CV when you've
your final CV (don't forget to save it so it can be updated