Welcome to the Pasifika Parents' Committee web page
Our core aim is to raise academic achievement through partnership and consultation.
Warm Pasifika Greetings!
The 2011-2013 Partnership Agreement has been signed by all partners. The master signed copy is available for viewing in Api Taulapiu's office and is on display in the main foyer of the school.
2011-2013 - Partnership Agreement
The Pasifika Parents Committee (PPC) has been set up by Volunteer Parents of students of Pasifika Ethnicity. We have agreed to promote the following principles:
- Encourage the MAGS Way in the MAGS School Community
- Foster communication of Pasifika students and their families when dealing with student matters and the school
- Assist lifting Academic Achievement initiatives hosted by the School or the Pasifika Parents Committee
- Utilise school media avenues to highlight PPC initiatives and activities
By the following process:
- Select a Chair for our group
- Meet on a regular basis to promote PPC initiatives
- Agree on our Action Plan as our guiding tool every triennial period
- Pasifika Liaison Officer Api Taulapiu document / keep minutes
- Meet regularly with Board of Trustees Pasifika Representatives, Pito Ah Ken and Lydia Sosene
Pasifika parents who would like to attend please contact Api Taulapiu.
Ph: 846-2044 ext: 8184
Members of the PPC, Headmaster Burden and BOT Chair Greg Moyle at the signing of the 2011-2013 partnership agreement
NCEA - How to Help Your Child
outlines several revision strategies to help students achieve.